Subject: [Vim-vms] RE: Vim-VMS ownership (fwd)

From: Arpadffy Zoltan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:51:38 +0100

hi,

No...no... polarhome will continue to provide Vim-VMS executables in future
as well... but Vim will be included in in HP's GNV, therefore, with time,
polarhome will have less importance.

Anyhow, we can and should continue development and add new features to VMS
version, the difference is that we may ask HP for opinion and competent help
if needed, because from now, HP is commercially interested to have reliable
and bug free Vim on OpenVMS.

I feel, that this will just improve Vim on VMS platform.

Regards, 
Z

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:44:07 +0100
From: Coen Engelbarts <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Vim-VMS ownership

Zoltan Arpadffy wrote on Wednesday 19 November 2003 12:37:

 > HP should take care about it from now :)

Are you telling me that HP will take over the
ownership/maintenance/development of Vim/VMS ?
I missed that news.
Ah, I see you forwarded a mail from Frank Ries to the vim-vms list that
seems to suggest this.

Does that mean that soon http://gnv.sourceforge.net will be the new home
for Vim-VMS?

 > We fulfilled our tasks, when nobody else took a responsibility for
 > OpenVMS version, but now HP is interested in and they can provide
 > better and more competent care than anybody from us could appreciate
 > (in free time). Anyhow, we had fun and did something really usefull
 > for VMS community during last 5 years.

And you do a great job!
Thank you very much!
All hail Zoltan Arpadffy!

Coen