Subject: [Vim-vms] VIM bug

From: "Yanda, Roger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:04:42 -0700

I'm not sure what is going on with this.

I tested the pre-compiled version of VIM, and successfully re-compiled
from source and get the same results.

When ever I lauch vim62, the session just hangs. No input to the
application. No insert, no movement, no escape.  I eventually have to
kill the session to get out of it. It doesn't go into runaway, it just
sits there waiting for input.  

The previous version of vim that I have installed works fine without
problem.

VIM - Vi IMproved 4.5 (1996 Oct 12, compiled Apr 15 1998 23:45:26)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------

I'm running vim62 on an alpha, OpenVMS V7.2-1 , with tcpip services

 DIGITAL TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V5.0A - ECO 3
  on a Compaq AlphaServer ES40 running OpenVMS V7.2-1

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Roger

---

From: Steve <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:22:47 -0500

>sits there waiting for input.

Have you tried running with -u NONE -U NONE?
Maybe need to do it like this:  (Been a while since I've used VMS)

$ vim -u "NONE" -/u "NONE"