Subject: [Vim-vms] Vim with GTK GUI

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:47:04 +0200

hi,

you can find a screenshot at http://www.polarfox.com/vim/shot.html
I looks beautiful and works nice - as usual.

Hopefully until Monday I will have time to write and prepare the whole description, documentation and patches.
BUT there is a side effect: Because of special compiler options it is not possible to use together FEAT_GUI_GTK with FEAT_PERL, FEAT_TCL and FEAT_PYTHON in one work any other shareable image that has not been compiled with /NAME=AS_IS. (DECW is bypassed with Compaq excellent Porting Library)

VIM - Vi IMproved 6.1 (2002 Mar 24, compiled Aug 23 2002 10:23:14)
OpenVMS version
Included patches: 1-159
Compiled by SYSTEM@ALPHA::alpha.polarhome.com
Big version with GTK GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
+autocmd -balloon_eval +browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent
-clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info +comments
+cryptv -cscope +dialog_con_gui +diff +digraphs -ebcdic +emacs_tags +eval
+ex_extra +extra_search +farsi +file_in_path +find_in_path +folding -footer
-gettext -hangul_input -iconv +insert_expand +jumplist +keymap +langmap
-libcall +linebreak +lispindent +listcmds +localmap +menu +mksession
+modify_fname +mouse +mouseshape +mouse_dec -mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm
+mouse_netterm +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang -osfiletype +path_extra
-perl +postscript +printer -python +quickfix +rightleft -ruby +scrollbind
+signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary
+tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl +tgetent +termresponse +textobjects +title
+toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit +visual +visualextra +viminfo
+vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows -writebackup -X11 -xfontset -xim
-xterm_clipboard -xterm_save
   system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
     user vimrc file: "sys$login:.vimrc"
 2nd user vimrc file: "sys$login:_vimrc"
      user exrc file: "sys$login:.exrc"
  2nd user exrc file: "sys$login:_exrc"
  system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
    user gvimrc file: "sys$login:.gvimrc"
2nd user gvimrc file: "sys$login:_gvimrc"
    system menu file: "$VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim"
Compilation: cc/def=(FEAT_BIG,HAVE_CONFIG_H,FEAT_GUI_GTK)  /opt/prefix=all/name=
(as_is,short)/float=ieee/ieee=denorm  /include=([.proto],decw$include:,"/gtk_root/gtk","/gtk_root/glib")
Compiler: Compaq C V6.5-001 on OpenVMS Alpha V7.3
Linking: link /exe=vim.exe *.OBJ ,VMS_DECW.OPT/OPT,VMS_GTK.OPT/OPT

Regards, Z