Subject: [Vim-vms] VFC files truncated

From: Samuel Ferencik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:35:11 +0200

Hello,

this topic may have been discussed before, the following discussions are 
the closest I've found:

http://www.polarhome.com/pipermail/vim-vms/2004q3/000074.html
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-vms/2004-July/001133.html (a 
slightly different context)

My problem is with viewing VFC files with vim on VMS (Alpha). When I 
open a file with this organisation, the file is truncated at a seemingly 
arbitrary position. There is nothing special there, no EOL, no special 
character. With native VMS editors the file is displayed correctly 
(completely).

I can provide a sample file upon request.

Thanks very much for your help.

Sam

EXE>vim --version
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0 (2006 May 7, compiled Jun  5 2006 17:52:20)
OpenVMS version
Included patches: 1-17
Compiled by SYSTEM@ALPHA::alpha.polarhome.com
Big version without GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
+arabic +autocmd -balloon_eval -browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent
-clientserver -clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info 
+comments
+cryptv -cscope -cursorshape +dialog_con +diff +digraphs -dnd -ebcdic
+emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search +farsi +file_in_path +find_in_path
+folding -footer -gettext -hangul_input -iconv +insert_expand +jumplist 
+keymap
  +langmap -libcall +linebreak +lispindent +listcmds +localmap +menu 
+mksession
+modify_fname +mouse -mouseshape +mouse_dec -mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm
+mouse_netterm +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang -mzscheme -netbeans_intg
-osfiletype +path_extra -perl +postscript +printer -profile -python 
+quickfix
+reltime +rightleft -ruby +scrollbind +signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline
-sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl 
+tgetent
+termresponse +textobjects +title -toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit
+virtualedit +visual +visualextra +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu
+windows -writebackup -X11 -xfontset -xim -xsmp -xterm_clipboard -xterm_save
    system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
      user vimrc file: "sys$login:.vimrc"
  2nd user vimrc file: "sys$login:_vimrc"
       user exrc file: "sys$login:.exrc"
   2nd user exrc file: "sys$login:_exrc"
Compilation:
cc/def=(FEAT_BIG,HAVE_CONFIG_H  )  /opt/prefix=all  /include=([.proto])
Compiler: Compaq C V6.5-001 on OpenVMS Alpha V7.3
Linking: link /exe=vim.exe *.OBJ

---

From: "Zoltan Arpadffy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:13:41 +0200

Samuel,

I thought that this problem had been already resolved... 

Please, zip an example file on VMS and send me the zipped archive in order
to investigate closer this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,
Z

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Samuel Ferencik
Sent: den 13 september 2007 16:35
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Vim-vms] VFC files truncated

Hello,

Sam

EXE>vim --version

_______________________________________________
Vim-vms mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.polarhome.com/mailman/listinfo/vim-vms