Subject: [Vim-vms] definition of vimruntime logical

From: "Samuel Ferencik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:22:30 +0200

Hello,

the vim website at polarhome gives some basic instructions on how to
set up the logicals VIM and VIMRUNTIME. In particular, it says that
assigning VIMRUNTIME is optional, and the way to do it is

$ def VIMRUNTIME VIM

However, this does not seem to work correctly for me. When I use this
definition of VIMRUNTIME, the autocomplete feature does not work with
some runtime stuff. For example, when I run vim, and type

:colo elf<Tab>

expecting "elf" to be completed to "elflord", the completion is not performed.

What does work, however, is

1) defining the logical as the full path:
$ def VIMRUNTIME full_path:[to.the.directory]
(same path as used in $ def VIM)

2) leaving the logical undefined, as suggested by the website. (If
this logical does not exist Vim defines it in the process job table
during first run.)

I haven't explored this any further than this, so I don't know the
other effects of these three alternatives. It's just a note to let you
know that the first alternative seems not to work...

Thanks for the good work!

Sam

---

From: Zoltan Arpadffy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 21:30:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I could not reproduce this behaviour. Here is an example:

SYSTEM@alpha$ sh log vim*

(LNM$PROCESS_TABLE)

(LNM$JOB_8144DA80)

(LNM$GROUP_000001)

(LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE)

   "VIM" = "DKA0:<000000.UTIL.VIM70>"

(LNM$SYSCLUSTER_TABLE)

(DECW$LOGICAL_NAMES)

!!!!!!!!!!!! start vim
SYSTEM@alpha$ vi
!!!!!!!!!!!! exit vim

SYSTEM@alpha$ sh log vim*

(LNM$PROCESS_TABLE)

(LNM$JOB_8144DA80)

   "VIMRUNTIME" = "DKA0:<000000.UTIL.VIM70>"

(LNM$GROUP_000001)

(LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE)

   "VIM" = "DKA0:<000000.UTIL.VIM70>"

(LNM$SYSCLUSTER_TABLE)

(DECW$LOGICAL_NAMES)

... as you can see in the JOB table appears logical VIMRUNTIME
and :colo elf competition is woirking well.

You might have some system/proces limitations to create logicals.
If VIMRUNTIME does not exist and something prevents to be created, then we 
are simple without VIMRUNTIME enviroment in the search path (#  define 
DFLT_RUNTIMEPATH      "sys$login:vimfiles,$VIM/vimfiles,$VIMRUNTIME,$V
IM/vimfiles/after,sys$login:vimfiles/after")

Hope this help to resolve your problem

Regards,
Z

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Samuel Ferencik wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Vim-vms mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.polarhome.com/mailman/listinfo/vim-vms
>