Subject: [Vim-vms] vim crashes when i_CTRL-Y is used in a red-only file

From: Samuel Ferencik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 07:03:57 +0100

Hi,

when i_CTRL-Y is used in a read-only file (that is, Ctrl-Y is pressed in the
insert mode), vim crashes.

Should be easily reproducible.

Create a r/o file with:
$ cre readonly.txt
$ set prot=(o:re) readonly.txt

Then type some text in vim and, still in the insert mode, press Ctrl-Y.

See also
:he i_CTRL-Y

Sam

=======================
:version
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Jan 13 2009 12:38:00)
OpenVMS version - Alpha
Included patches: 1-79
Compiled by SYSTEM@ALPHA::alpha.polarhome.com
Huge version without GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
+arabic +autocmd -balloon_eval -browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent
-clientserver -clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info
+comments +cryptv -cscope -cursorshape +dialog_con +diff
+digraphs -dnd -ebcdic +emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search +farsi
+file_in_path +find_in_path +float +folding -footer -gettext -hangul_input
-iconv +insert_expand +jumplist +keymap +langmap -libcall
 +linebreak +lispindent +listcmds +localmap +menu +mksession +modify_fname
+mouse -mouseshape +mouse_dec -mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm +mouse_netterm
-mouse_sysmouse +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang
-mzscheme -netbeans_intg -osfiletype +path_extra -perl +postscript +printer
+profile -python +quickfix +reltime +rightleft -ruby +scrollbind +signs
+smartindent -sniff +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax
+tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl +tgetent +termresponse
+textobjects +title -toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit +visual
+visualextra +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu
+windows -writebackup -X11 -xfontset -xim -xsmp -xterm_clipboard -xterm_save
   system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
     user vimrc file: "sys$login:.vimrc"
 2nd user vimrc file: "sys$login:_vimrc"
      user exrc file: "sys$login:.exrc"
  2nd user exrc file: "sys$login:_exrc"
Compilation: cc/def=(FEAT_HUGE,HAVE_CONFIG_H  )  /opt/prefix=all
/include=([.proto])
Compiler: Compaq C V6.5-001 on OpenVMS Alpha V7.3
Linking: link /exe=vim.exe *.OBJ