Subject: [Vim-vms] Wrapping

From: "David C. Lyon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 08:26:15 -0700

VIM VMS version 6.2.454 (alpha binary)
VMS 7.2-1

I downloaded the latest binary version of VIM for VMS and was happily
using the editor without issue - aside form figuring out how to map
keys. With no predictability, I started seeing that my text files
(source, etc.) had one or two lines that were wrapped (in the middle,
broken line) after I saved the file. This was only apparent upon the
next time I edited the file with VIM. 

In one instance, I get:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
Text|text|"text (2.5)
)

-

P
R
O
ject plan ...........

Where I should see:

Text|text|"text (2.5) - Project plan ......
------------------------------------------------------------------------
---

This happens several times in the CSV file - after editing with VIM.

Any idea why or how to correct? I'm wondering if I need to convert to
something other than stream although changing to variable length format
made no difference. The vile editor is working fine for all my files - a
vi like editor. Would like to use VIM, though.

File attr, etc:

File organization:  Sequential
Shelved state:      Online
Caching attribute:  Writethrough
File attributes:    Allocation: 90, Extend: 0, Global buffer count: 0
                    Version limit: 3
Record format:      Stream, maximum 0 bytes, longest 244 bytes
Record attributes:  Carriage return carriage control
RMS attributes:     None
Journaling enabled: None

-----------------------------------------------------------------
David C. Lyon, Systems and Network Analyst         P:909-979-6364
Cal Poly Pomona University, Pomona CA              F:909-979-6406
Email:[email-masked]     http://home.att.net/~david.c.lyon/
-----------------------------------------------------------------