Subject: [Vim-vms] Vim63-78 executables VMS bugfree?

From: "Arpadffy Zoltan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:20:04 +0200

Hi,
 
I have a pleasure to announce a known bug free version on Vim on
OpenVMS.
 
I am aware that most of the Vim users use Vim in GUI mode either Motif
or GTK, but there are still old-timers, as I am, who prefer to use in
terminal/character mode.
Therefore if was worth to fix last known bug in Vim for VMS - the esc
key and esc sequence recognition issue, that came in with Frank Ries'
patch.
 
Patch is released with kind and competent help of Anders Sundqvist
<[email-masked]> 
 
Printing problems are also solved. Indeed it was my personal mistake -
because I build all patches from a CVS mirror
http://www.polarhome.com/cvs/
and it was not updating new subdirectories, therefore print subdirectory
was omitted. CVS mirror is corrected and new runtime files package is
released.
 
Regards, 
Z 
 
VIM - Vi IMproved 6.3 (2004 June 7, compiled Jun 15 2005 11:11:16)
OpenVMS version
Included patches: 1-78
Compiled by ZAY@TOR::TOR.ESSNET.SE
Big version with GTK GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
+arabic +autocmd -balloon_eval +browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset
+cindent
-clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info
+comments
+cryptv -cscope +dialog_con_gui +diff +digraphs +dnd -ebcdic +emacs_tags
+eval
+ex_extra +extra_search +farsi +file_in_path +find_in_path +folding
-footer
-gettext -hangul_input -iconv +insert_expand +jumplist +keymap +langmap
-libcall +linebreak +lispindent +listcmds +localmap +menu +mksession
+modify_fname +mouse +mouseshape +mouse_dec -mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm
+mouse_netterm +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang -netbeans_intg
-osfiletype
+path_extra -perl +postscript +printer -python +quickfix +rightleft
-ruby
+scrollbind +signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax
+tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl +tgetent +termresponse
+textobjects +title +toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit
+visual
+visualextra +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows
-writebackup
-X11 -xfontset -xim -xsmp -xterm_clipboard -xterm_save
   system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
     user vimrc file: "sys$login:.vimrc"
 2nd user vimrc file: "sys$login:_vimrc"
      user exrc file: "sys$login:.exrc"
  2nd user exrc file: "sys$login:_exrc"
  system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
    user gvimrc file: "sys$login:.gvimrc"
2nd user gvimrc file: "sys$login:_gvimrc"
    system menu file: "$VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim"
Compilation: cc/def=(FEAT_BIG,HAVE_CONFIG_H,FEAT_GUI_GTK  )
/opt/prefix=all/name=(as_is,short)/float=ieee/ieee=denorm
/include=([.proto],decw$include:,"/gtk_root/gtk","/gtk_root/glib")
Compiler: Compaq C V6.4-008 on OpenVMS Alpha V7.2-2
Linking: link /exe=vim.exe *.OBJ ,OS_VMS_GTK.OPT/OPT