Subject: Re: [Vim-vms] VIM 7 on VMS 7.2-1 Alpha

From: "Zoltan Arpadffy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 01:03:05 +0200

Roger,

... the whole I/O has been rewritten since 4.5 and that may cause problems.

Current I/O has been tested successfully through VT terminal consoles, xterm
and other Unix telnet clients as well as with PuTTY Windows terminal
emulator and it worked perfect. Even syntax highlighting works without any
problem.

My wild guess it that your terminal is in mismatch with terminal
capabilities. 

Try to issue: $set term/inq  

Also you may want to try Vim 7.0 behaviour at:

gate.polarhome.com port 702 (username: guest  password: guest) (VAX system
term and Motif) 
gate.polarhome.com port 762 (username: guest  password: guest) (Alpha system
term, Motif and GTK)

Regards, 
Z

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Yanda [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: den 12 maj 2006 00:20
To: [email-masked]
Subject: VIM 7 on VMS 7.2-1 Alpha

I've tested the pre-compiled and a recompile of VIM 7 on VMS 7.2-1 on AXP.

Each time I run it via mcr or as a defined foreign verb, it just hangs.

I've tried telnet via KEA and regular MS Windows telnet sessions.

If I use VIM 4.5 version, it works fine.

With VIM 7, the session just hangs, no keyboard response.  It doesn't
go into runaway, just sits there without any CPU or reponse to key
commands.

Any idea as to what I need to do to get it to work in a normal telnet
session?

Thanks,

-Roger