Is "closed" topic best way to shout up people?

Topics not related to Polarhome.

Moderator: Moderators

Is "closed" topic best way to shout up people?

Postby eX » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:19 am

Mr. afonic, It's true, last topic was going to far from theme, but is it really the best way to show your opinion with taking last word and then closing theme. Moderator status usually isn`t just for building your own ego but also responsability and obligation. I think, that I didnt give you reason for that threatment. But of course who am I? Only regular user here...
I didn't wanna nothing bad and I didn`t wanna insult anyone but it look that your threatment in that case is far from Zoli's ideas about freedom and respect to other...
eX

Postby miker_alpha » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:57 am

suggestions:
1. remove chip from shoulder
2. recognize that when people tell you "We would like to help, but we cannot" they are telling the truth - and you might as well believe the *first* person to say that!
3. be patient. if you are dissatisfied with the level of service you receive on polarhome generally, and specifically in these forums, read the home page at www.polarhome.com, specifically the bits about what you *should not* expect.
4. try to work around the problem; e.g. can you use a different server?

HTH,

MikeR
Look for OpenVMS help on my webpage
Check for QOTD here.
miker_alpha

Postby eX » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:21 am

Well... DenisF gave me realistic answer which satisfyed me without usless "read the news and you will see that they wont told you nothing about mentioned server, or don't just sit there and wait for others to do the job etc, etc..." and I am gratefull for that ;-)
Discussion should stop on that point probably, but no... for some people I become inactive guy who just bitching etc etc... and they had need to told me that and then closed topic. miker_alpha, yes, we gone to far, but this isnt just my fault. As I told, after good serious explanation from DenisF all other replays are crap.

1. Simple questions aren't bitching
2. Will you replay me if I wrote here something like: "don't just sit here and do something from your life - so that wont only other work for you"? as Mr.afonic wrote? Well - you won`t read something like that from me - because I don`t know nothing about you and your life and I dont feel like I have right to judge and accusate you just because I don`t agree with your post (for example).

Did you get my point?
eX

Postby afonic » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:22 pm

You got to understand Polarhome needs it's community support to go on, don't just sit there and wait for others to do the job, help as you can when and where you can.

That's what I said, and it's a bloody expression as I said before. You you have any idea what an expression is?

You changed what I said and put in quotes something that I didn't. That's not good at all, it's maybe the think that makes me more mad than anything else in a forum.

And anyway forget that second reply, go and read my first reply to you again and see that I didn't say ANYTHING wrong I just explained you why the server may be down for days and not just 12 hours as you said. I told you about the problem with the weather and power and suggested you email the admin letting him know about the problem. I don't know what the heck you thought was wrong about this post. I didn't say you complaint and then you reply "afonic, I didn't complain at all".

Here:
Well winter is hard in Sweden and as you see in the news page there are some power problems that Polarhome is facing.

Just be patient (email support@polarhome.com to report the problem) and it will be fixed. As you know polarhome doesn't have a server admin next to the servers all the time, it's one guy that does all the job, so do not expect quick fixes when something happens.

Read, rinse, repeat until embeded in your brain.

I leave this thread open in case you want to apologise for mis-reading and putting something I did not say in quotes. If not, don't bother answering.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Matej » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:59 pm

O boy. :roll:

eX you didn't do anything wrong. I guess afonic understood you post a bit different than you ment it to be. Those things happen.

You got your answer so I guess that we can stop this discussion before anyone gets hurt.

Make love, not war. :lol:
Matej
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby afonic » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:26 pm

Matej do some English lessons and then say who misunderstood. (or read of all the posts if you think you understand).

As for you too:
Read, rinse, repeat until embeded in your brain.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Matej » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:56 pm

Matej wrote: I guess afonic understood you post a bit different than you ment it to be. Those things happen.

I guess afonic (and all others) ... ok?

I wasn't trying to say that it way your bad afonic. I just wanted him to know that he perhaps didn't choose the right words.

And btw,
Yes, "closed" topic is the best way to shout up people.
Now shut up all of you, please. :x
Matej
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby DenisF » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:17 pm

now what did i do? :(
[ FAQ ] :: [ Policy ] :: [ Port Forwarding Guide ] :: [ Search ]
DenisF
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Chitchat